12.27.2010

I'LL BE BACK SOON....

Trying to stay a float.... That's exactly what I've been doing these last few weeks. I say weeks, but I think it's been months. I haven't had time to adjust to a lot of things that have changed in my life over the past few months....

Two of my boys started school in August. That may seem like a relief for a mom who has been home with 3 (and it is), but it also means more work in other areas. I'm now the mom who volunters, the mom who has to help with homework, make sure all of the school uniforms are clean and ironed, the mom who picks up the kids at 2:30, the mom who have to make sure there aren't any toys in book bags, the mom who has to find the missing hat that was left at school, the mom who have to make sure lunch money taken care of, etc... I know a lot of you already do that, but it's still new to me and just when I was adjusting, I became...

A sister who had to help a sister and nephew by taking them into her home. A sister who had to help her sister find a job. A sister that after finding said sister a job, is now babysitter to said sister's son (a 2yr old). Oh and did I mention that this sister can't drive? Therefore, I take her to work and EVERYWHERE else she have to go. So on top of being the mom mentioned above, I am now basically caregiver to two other people...

Why do I feel the need to tell you all of this? Because you guys have become a part of me. Every time I don't publish a post, or forget to do something on this blog, I think about you. Yeah I know that blogging is not that big of a deal to many of you, but for me, it's something that has brought me a lot of enjoyment. For me, it has brought me through some rough times in my life. For me, you guys are more than just "followers"... I've made really great friends through blogging.

I've shared with you before how I went through depression a few years back. And when you've been depressed like I've been depressed, its easy to have a set back. In my case, too much stress and being overwhelmed is what causes my depression. Right now, I am stressed. Right now I have too many things tugging at me. Right now, I have to take a step back and figure out how to get myself and my life in order. I have plenty of things that I "need/want" to share with you, but the things that are taking over my life won't allow that. By the time I'm done with the demands that are put on me, I'm exhausted. I'm exhausted and at the same time I feel like I'm short changing you (have you ever heard that phrase?). I feel like I'm not giving my all to my readers.

I have been given so many oppurtunities because of my blog. I have met so many people because of my blog. I have smiled, and laughed, and learned so much from blogging that I refuse to give it up. I do, however, have to step away for a while... I have to take time to get myself and my life together, I need time to get back on track. I need time to focus on my family. I need time to get back to blogging my true self.


I just need time to "BE" for awhile. Have you ever felt like that?



I'll be back soon...




Photobucket

24 comments:

Chandra Chinnis said...

It is true that you need time for yourself and as a mother and wife we tend to put our needs last. I just became a follower but I totally understand. I also have 3 kids(two in school) and have no family here (my family is all in Cali). Take time for yourself because you can't be all for others without being strong yourself. I look forward to your return.

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Thank you Chandra... I think what bothers me the most with stepping away, is that I have many new followers who deserve more... I'm sorry if I've let anyone down...

Lakeitha

BTLover2 said...

Lakeitha,

My heart goes out to you, Sweets. I've been there so I understand (not the demands you have but the depression and stress). You need to take care of yourself and I'm glad you're going to do that. Your blog will be here and so will your friends when you've recovered. Sending you hugs and strength and the ability to get through this tough time. Hang in there!

A Perfect Gray said...

Lakeitha, thanks so much for sharing your life with us - the good and the not-so-good. Take all the time you need to tend to YOURSELF and your family. Your friends will be here when you return.

I was lucky enough to meet you at the Nate Show this fall and I really enjoyed seeing you there. You are a wonderfully charming and talented person who is gonna be there for your family no matter what.

Wishing you all the best. We'll be thinking of you...

Donna

A Perfect Gray said...

Lakeitha, thanks so much for sharing your life with us - the good and the not-so-good. Take all the time you need to tend to YOURSELF and your family. Your friends will be here when you return.

I was lucky enough to meet you at the Nate Show this fall and I really enjoyed seeing you there. You are a wonderfully charming and talented person who is gonna be there for your family no matter what.

Wishing you all the best. We'll be thinking of you...

Donna

Karen said...

I feel for you Lakeitha. When you are a SAHM and your kids finally go to school others OFTEN assume that you have nothing to do and therefore are always available to volunteer at school, pick their kids up for practices, etc...

I remember learning a really smart solution while watching, of all things, the Oprah show. She said that when someone asks her to do something she tells them that she will check her schedule and get back to them. She never commits on the spot. That way she could think about it before deciding if SHE wanted to help. Smart lady.

The Helpmeet said...

Please know that you are not letting anyone down. Take care of yourself and we'll be here when you return. I have felt the exact same way taking on additional responsibilities. It can be overwhelming. Hopefully you'll get some time daily to do a little something just for you (a bubble bath, reading a favorite magazine, a favorite dessert). That always makes me feel better and helps to take some of the stress off.

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

L-
Your honesty and transparency with this post is one of the reasons why I love you! You realize the need to take a step back and take time for yourself and you show your love to your followers by being honest with us!

Hope you get the much need "me" time and I will catch up with you later!

Jade

René said...

Wow Lakeitha, you do have a full plate and your family should come first. We will be here when you get back. I know your family appreciates you.

Happy New Year to you!

-Rene

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Girl, you DO have a lot going on & need to do whatever you feel is necessary to keep yourself from stressing out even further. Yes, I've been there too, we all have. Maybe not the same things, but life happens & we have to deal with our own lives & stuff. Changes are inevitable & just when we get comfortable, changes happen. Take that time for yourself & do what you need to do. Your friends will all be here for you! xoxo

The Yuppie Closet said...

You have a lot on your plate. Your blog and your devoted followers will always be there. Take some time out and do what you need to do. It sucks that you have to take care of others other than your kids, but that's life and that's family. Stick it out and trust me when I say, many blessings will come your way. Breathe and know that it shall past. You'll be restful and back to blogging like you normally do.

Chyanne M.

Tiffany said...

Hi Lakeitha, I just wanted to drop you a line and say that life is too short to be stressed. Your online voice is very casual and inspiring and I drop in to hear your whimsy, so take your time, blogging is supposed to be fun....We'll be right here cheering you on. Take care.

LilPeach (aka Laura) said...

Take all the time you need. We'll still be here.

Natasha said...

Lakeitha,
Take the time you need for your family and yourself. We'll be here when you get back.

Anonymous said...

You DO really have a lot going on! I know it's hard to say no, but hopefully somehow you'll be able to get some of these things off your plate soon. Take your time to BE and don't worry about us. We'll be here when you get back!

Tara said...

Exactly. Doesn't it just feel better to just speak the truth sometimes? I love that you said you just need some time to "BE". Thanks for always sharing and being honest and we will be waiting to read up when you get back!

traci zeller designs said...

You are obviously an amazing wife, mother, sister, friend and woman! (((hugs))) I think we, as women, put so much pressure on ourselves. You take all the time you need, and everyone will be here when you get back!

###### said...

I will be praying for you. I remember those uniform day sundays every week. I know that feeling of lunch money accounts, and lunch with the kids at school...all that is a strain. but we sometimes have to say NO. its ok to say no...trust me. i do and really dont feel bad when I do, because i cant allow someone to stress me out with the issues...not to mention my husband doesnt allow. he will step right in, take the phone away and say from here on out, call me with this...dont call her...and i remember looking at him like he was an angel...that saved me...i always type alot over here regarding deep posts...but again i am praying for you. DO YOU!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

We all need time. Time for ourselves. Time for our families. Just time. How precious it is? It's always OK to step back, take a look and reevalute ourselves, our situations and the people that are in our lives. Well wishes for the new year.

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I so feel your struggles right now. I am also a mom of 3 little boys...ages 7, 4 and 2. I could go on and on about my struggles but you don't need to know about all of that. If you are like me, you just need to know that there is someone out there that really can relate to what you are dealing with in your life at this time. I will remember you in my prayers. With the help of the Lord you will come out on the other side of this time in your live and be able to praise Him for the blessing that these very struggles brought to you.

Unknown said...

Being a mommy to three little ones and a wife and mentor to your sister and nephew takes a lot of time and and can really test your patience. Hang in there, and I agree with Tam DO YOU & keep it moving. When I focus on what makes me happy, the loved ones in my life benefit in so many ways :)

Anonymous said...

I take meds and it helps me cope! Have New Year

Niki McNeill Brown said...

Take care Lakeitha!! You have to be the best you to help all those people so don't feel guilty about taking time for yourself. And don't be afraid to ask for help; I struggle with that myself but people always have been willing when I do ask. Meditation helps me keep centered too. Xoxo

Stacy of KSW said...

If I could give you a great big hug right now .. I so would! I'm not going to say I know what you are gong through because every family is different but 2010 was a trying year for me too. My sister in law whom I had never met moved in with us for 12 MONTHS! with no job and no car. She moved in before my third child was born and he was 1 years old before I ever spent any time alone with him. I'm thankful to say she has moved on and found a job and we are actually really close now.

I had the kids to myself for 4 months and by myself, I mean ALL BY MYSELF since hubby travelled all summer. Then we went on a month log vacation and returned home where my in-laws were waiting for us. They have been staying with us for 3 months now and they truly are wonderful but well, you know how it can go.

I left the military to devote my life to my kids and almost two years later all I can really say is I have played hostess. Here's hoping we find a way to balance everyone's needs including our own in 2011.

Lots of love for you, if you ever need to chat - you know how to find me!

~ Stacy