9.20.2011

I MAY NEVER USE REGULAR PAINT AGAIN!

Yesterday I was out in the yard taking pictures of a few of my vintage suitcases

swv 010

when my mail lady pulled up with my box of chalk paint!!! I’ve heard so many good things about this paint and I just couldn’t wait to crack open my own can of it and get to work!

swv 021

I ordered my paint from Kelly over at Stylish Patina and she was great to work with.  There was a delay in my shipping so she sent me a few paint brushes that I was thrilled about!

Last week I blogged about the piece I planed to paint and what color I wanted to try first (Henrietta). For a $36 can of paint, any normal person would have chose a neutral color, but you know meSmile

Anywho….Here is the vintage desk in all of its before beauty

swv 019  

Let me tell you, I've painted a few pieces of vintage furniture, but this piece here had me questioning myself when I pulled out the paint. Then I reminded myself that it would still be the same piece of furniture after the paint!

swv 024

What I love about this paint is how thick it is and how I don’t have to sand or prime before I paint. The above image is after one brushed on coat of paint!

swv 029

I used this brush the entire time and it it took me about an hour to finish the desk!  AND… I didn’t use nowhere near half the quart!

swv 031

Wanna see the finished desk?!

swv 045

swv 046

I know you do! Hop over to my other blog, Swoon Worthy Boutique to check her outWinking smile

 

9 comments:

Brandi said...

your desk looks great. i love all the vintage details. i have yet to try chalk paint. i think you just convinced me to order some. i love the color you chose.

Tricia said...

I'm "Swooning" over it! :) It looks fabulous!!! I ordered the hand-painted sample chart last week and it came in over the weekend. Now the tough part is to choose some colors to order. They are ALL fabulous!

I can't wait to see what all you paint with it!!! SO exciting!

autumn said...

super cute! that colors is SO pretty...what a breath of fresh air! i have never used chalkboard paint on a piece of furniture before, but i love the way yours turned out. i may just have to give it a try!

Marilyn said...

I LOVE your blog, I stumbled upon it looking for fall napkin rings and your post on the ones you made where super cute, wanted to leave you a message and let you kow I'm officially a fan / following ya.. I'm Marilyn via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com :)) Hopefully you get a moment sometime to stop in and sayhello.. GREAT BLOG.. Too cute and creative..

Kathysue said...

I love that you use color!!! I also love this desk, it has great curves adn a wonderful profile!! Another pretty lady to add to your collection.I think you should give them fun names and then when you show a potential client your catalog they will feel as if they met them personally. This new desk looks like an Adelaide to me!! xo Kathysue

LindsB said...

I've been wondering about this paint- you might have just sold me on it :) Did you use the wax topcaot thing they recommend?

BetterthanBeauty said...

I love it!!!!

retrorevival.biz said...

Gorg! LOVE it! I've been reading lots of hoopla about chalk paint too; think I'm gonna have to get some myself!

~Cindy

Karen said...

No sanding or priming? Those words are music to my ears!