1.09.2012

MY WEEKEND IN A FLASH

Happy Monday! Just popping in to share a few snapshots of my weekend

I have gotten hooked on going to thrift stores and finding fabulous clothing pieces.  This pink Lord and Taylor blazer was a total score for $4.29.  It’s a wool/cashmere blend and it’s perfect with my grey skinnies!

hot pink Lord and Taylor blazer

I’m in the middle of putting together a list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30 and wearing red lipstick in one of them! I wanted to start small, so I purchased some red Revlon lip gloss.  The color is called “Fire” and it was just what I needed to give me the confidence to go forth with finding the right shade of red lipstick.  Next stop, the MAC counter!

red lipgloss

I love pops of red in the winter time.   And this red “MJ” inspired jacket from Ashley Stewart was the perfect addition to this blue and black ensemble.

Ashley Stewart red jacket

Vintage COACH anyone?! Ever since I found out COACH brought back their classic bags, I’ve been on the hunt for one of the originals.  Lucky me because I found one at thrift store for $15.99!

vintage coach bag

I spent Friday night wondering why I never wore these shoes… I’ll fix that this upcoming weekendSmile

nine west booties

I’ve been going back and forth on cutting my hair again.  I love my curls, but I also loved my shaved head… This weekend, I almost pulled out the clippers.  But for some reason, I can’t do it.  Maybe for the spring.

 

TWA

Lastly, I attended my sis inlaws surprise birthday party Saturday night… It was a great night and a much needed kid free outing for my hubby and I.  Below is one of my favorite photos of the two of us from the party!  I Red hearthim!

me and tony

That’s my weekend in a flash, how was yours?!

16 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Adore those shoes! I had a similar pair from ages ago, but I didn't keep them...:(

You are looking GREAT, love the red lipstick! Great finds, how do you do it?

Janell

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

The red lipstick is amazing on you - make it your signature color! You're looking very cute in these photos!!!

Brandi said...

Glad you enjoyed your weekend! Love your thrift store finds! You and your husband look great in your photo!

Niki McNeill Brown said...

I love that pink blazer!! My weekend was relaxing... Sometimes it's good to just take it easy. Happy Monday L!

Saudah Saleem Interiors said...

What a weekend! Love that blazer and a vintage Coach bag for $15.99?!? Maybe I need to come south for the winter and do a little thrifting! That 30 things to do before 30 is such an insprational idea. I think I'll get started on my 34 things before 34 :-)

Kathysue said...

Laekitha, you are looking quite sexy these days!! Seriously love the red lipstick and the short hair!! You are just a pretty lady and now you are enhancing your beauty!! Keep up the good work, you and hubby make a beautiful couple, Happy Monday,
Kathysue

Sing of Singature Style said...

You are glowing. Where to start? That blazer is a great find! Love your curls and your red lips, it's all so very you and flattering.

Barbara von Enger said...

I love a good splash of red lip colour. Nice curls. Your hair is pretty.Adore the curls, too.

Unknown said...

I am new to your blog, you have a great blog! I am now following you!!



Carsedra of:

http://embracingtherealme.blogspot.com/

http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

What a good deal on the blazer! :) Your look so happy :)

ps, love your curls keep them!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Great find on the blazer and you guys look like two peas ;-)

The Sister Sophisticate said...

I am ALL over the MJ jacket! I love the curls too, but I am partial to them because that's what I rock. But I have to say you do carry a shaved head rather nicely!

Hello Lover... said...

Too many great things going on here! I think my favorites are that lipstick and the blazer!

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Looking good L! Love the blazer and the vintage Coach!

Anonymous said...

the pink blazer is hot! im loving this post!

http://atrueladiesindulgence.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

You are such a cute couple! And I think red is your color- that lipstick looks great on you!