1.04.2012

So, its 2012…Now what?

Alright alright alright!!! The kids are in school, and its time to get back into the swing of things.  Its finally 2012, what does that mean for me and this blog?

Home to Three Duncan Boys has been great to me in the nearly 3 years I’ve been writing it.  For a while I’ve been considering quitting the blog because things are a little different in my life now.  Hell, I’m just different in general! But then I realized, I have built quite the community here.  I have been feeling like I’m limited with what I can talk about on this site, though.  So with much thought I’ve started another blog (insert gasp here!).  My other blog, which is titled I AM THAT GIRL, is more of a lifestyle blog. 

image

There, I will talk about a lot more than just design.  Because this blog was created to be a “home” blog, I didn’t feel comfortable doing that over here.  I also pondered if I should move my Google connect followers (you guys) to that blog and just do away with this one, but then I figured that if any of you wanted to follow me on that blog, you would do so on your own.  For now (because I am terrified of change), I will continue to post on this blog as well as I AM THAT GIRL.  But, I seriously feel like because the other blog will represent me more, this blog will eventually get the short end of the stick.  My other blog will consist of my DIY and home updates, but I will also share some of my outfits/fashion when I’m headed out, some of my must haves, etc.. Basically, it will be the journal of L.Duncan! So if you’ve always wanted to know what I’m really like, oh trust me, you will definitely find out over there!

Moving on to what’s coming up over here… I have a few DIY projects coming up.  I need to finish the powder room I started before Christmas

powder room2

I also need to add some color to my kitchen.. I’m very happy with the paint color for the cabinets, but as you guys mentioned before, it needs a little dose of happy!

kitchen 010

(my refrigerator no longer says that.  It now says 0 days til Christmas, lol!)

And I have a family room that needs some furniture in it badly!

For starters, I’m thinking this piece would be perfect

EKTORP Sofa, Idemo black Width: 85 7/8 " Depth: 34 5/8 " Height: 34 5/8 " Seat depth: 19 5/8 " Seat height: 17 3/4 "  Width: 218 cm Depth: 88 cm Height: 88 cm Seat depth: 50 cm Seat height: 45 cm

 

2012 is here and that means it’s time to get down to business! Let’s GO people!

What does 2012 mean for you?!

 

4 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Yeah 2012, I know it will be a good one! If any decorating happens in my house this year it will be on a budget, feeling like being creative with thrifty changes. I also am looking forward to more balance, and seeing what is in store for HOF.

Looking forward to seeing YOU this year! Where? Janell

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I have a few things on my to do list. If I accomplish one of them I'm happy...excited to see what you have planned for your new blog.

Sherri said...

Long time no see! You are all over the place woman. GOOD to 'see' you. Hope you have a fantastic New Year.

Kristen said...

For starters, I love your hair cut!!! You look amazing!!! Sometimes, I wish I could cut all mine off; it's a pain to brush, but then people would make fun of my forehead more then they do already, so I wont be doing that---ha! (But I did get it cut short, and fell in love with it, and i'm sure i'll be doing it again).
Second, I'm so glad I came across your blog! It's so fun to read!



Just when you thought