4.22.2010

HOW I MET MY HOUSE...


AnNicole is having a party on her blog and it's titled "How I Met My House". I'm always down for a party!





We started our search for a home after I realized 5 people in a 2 bedroom apartment wasn't gonna work for us. Of course I was scared of the process since my parents arent home owners and his parents didn't think it was the best move for a newly wed couple with young kids and one income. But, what is that saying "You can't tell grown people anything"?! So we decided that it was the best thing for us plus our lease was ending soon and our third baby was arriving in a few months. After searching without any look, I saw this house

It wasn't much to look at, but it had almost all of the things that were on my "wish list":

*At least three bedrooms with a 2 car garage



*separate living room and family room with fire place




*eat in kitchen



*Dining room


*nice size backyard with fence (our house does not have the fence, yet)



*established neighborhood (we also drove through the neighborhood at night to check it out)





*at least 2 bathrooms (we have 2.5)






Oh, and it had to be within our price range (the economy made that pretty easy).

I knew that if we had the most important things as far the structure of the house, that I could definitely make it a home that we would love!




Looking back at the before photo of the house, I think I'm well on my way!

6 comments:

Sarita said...

Don't you love when it has everything on your list?! Our didn't! We wanted at least 2 bedroom 2 bath (1 bath), a garage (no garage) but the charm of our house won us over! You house is so spacious looking! Love the family room with fireplace, and my hubby would be jealous of the 2 CAR GARAGE!!!
-Sarah Marie aka Miss Mud
http://MyMississippiMudPie.blogspot.com

Lana said...

Isn't it nice when you got mostly what on your list. 4 yrs ago before we moved in Ga. from Germany we just browsed the internet for a house. we have few choices and had contact with our realtor. When we got here we bought the house right away. no time to look around. I love our house but if we have more time i think we can get more for what we paid for.
Your house change a lot and you become a better designer on the making.

Unknown said...

I always love hearing stories about how people found there house and are making it into a home :)

Leanne said...

What a wonderful home for your family and cogratulations for making your dreams come true.

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Congrats on finding your home! I think that's so neat that you and your husband felt like it was a priority to own your own home, and that you found a great place on a budget. And I love that picture of your boys in your blog header - looking out the window. So adorable!

Thanks so much to linking up to my party!

Jenny said...

That's great that you were able to find everything on your list! That is a huge backyard!

Nice house!