4.12.2010

MASTER BEDROOM UPDATE: BEDDING PART 2

Hi guys! I hope your weekend was great! I was able to get out and enjoy the weather here AND do a little shopping. Since I have to wait until the middle of May for my duvet to arrive, I decided to find a coverlet so I can at least have something nice on the bed. In a number of post on my bedroom, many of you insisted that I add more to the room (bedding, accessories, etc) before I give up on it so I figured the bed was a good start.

I managed to take it from this



to this





I basically added a blanket that I already had on hand (purchased from Macy's), a coverlet that I found at Walmart over the weekend (Yes Walmart), a bed skirt that I found at Goodwill a while back (for $2.60!), and my lumpy calvin klein down comforter that I purchased at Macy's (that I REALLY want to return). It is looking a lot better than before. I can't wait 'til my duvet arrives so I can see how it looks in the room.

Now, I'm going to start layering the accessories....


Photobucket

12 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Talk to me about that mirror leaning against the chair! Have we seen that before? Looking really good, the color on the bed brings so much to the space and the shape and color of the headboard looks so striking against the wall color.
Janell

Unknown said...

your room is coming along so nice! The chandy really looks pretty - love the coverlets! They are the best thing since sliced bread - lol

I also love the round mirror you gave us a peak of!! GORG!

Erika Ward said...

i love the direction you are going in. keep trusting yourself and all will turn out great. that coverlet add a new dimension to the space. i think you will feel even better when you start accessorizing the nightstands.

###### said...

me likey..looks great girl. you did that honey chile.

Unknown said...

Mrs. Duncan... to answer your Q: yes I got those pillows from target awhile back I think they are the Rocky River ones? The teal pillows were too bright for our living room.

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

I am absolutely in love with your bedroom. Beautiful colors...very soothing.

Sissy

Angela said...

Cute, Cute.. I love the punch of color. I tend to go for extremes, totally traditional or modern. You guys are takng me out of my shell with the furniture remakes. I'm loving it.

Dayka Robinson said...

i'm liking the coverlet! it seems like its the perfect blue to what you were searching for.

thanks is funny we had the same post. i figured there'd be a lot of blogging about the house since the date is rapidly approaching. i'm excited to check it out!

1 Funky Woman said...

Loving the headboard and your lamps! Turquoise color looks great too!

Dreams of Perfection said...

It is really coming together!! And I love that mirror in the corner!!

House of Brooke said...

i luv the mirror. and its looking good.

P.S. I love this... said...

Hi! Love your blog, my first time visiting. That headboard is amazing.. where did you get it from?