4.26.2010

IF IT WAS A SNAKE IT WOULD HAVE BIT ME

I'm almost finished with my master bedroom, and I can't help but think about my next project. I think I'm ready to start on the boys room



Before I post about any plans for the room, I've been busy trying to pull together some of the big pieces for the space. One of them being a campaign dresser. They are all the rage right now and one painted a fabulous color like red, yellow, or blue would look great in the space for what I have planned for it.




Nice right?!

Well, I was over to my in laws yesterday celebrating my husbands grandmothers 95th birthday (amazing right?), and I stepped away to change Brendan's diaper. I've been in this room so many times its crazy, but this time, I noticed this



WHAT THE HEEZY?!

Not only do they have a dresser with mirror, but the headboard too (not that I need the headboard or mirror). Oh, and not to mention, I was given the chest of drawer when we moved into our home and my husband tossed it out because he got tired of it sitting in the garage:(

I have to have this piece. Do you think I could work out some type of arrangement where they would just give it to me?! Have this ever happened to you before?

Sharon, if you're reading this, help me out on this one since they are your parents;)

Photobucket

10 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Oh, that is hysterical, how are you going to get your hands on it?! You must, you know. I've had this happen, seeing something in a house that I knew if only I could get my hands on it I would be in heaven!!
Good luck! Janell

SDR said...

I don't know how you are going to get it but you have got to get your hands on it. Figure something out.

~L~ said...

yes, you have to get that because those inspiration pictures make me want to hunt for one to paint. good luck!

be sure to link all your recycled/revamped/refashioned projects here:
http://avidaccents.blogspot.com/2010/04/little-inspiration-link-party-time.html#more

Unknown said...

LOL - love the color options for the dresser - I'm sure they love love you :) and would love to see you transform it for your little ones, maybe bake a cake to sweeten the deal? lol

Champagne on Tuesdays said...

You definitely need to get it! I would try something like, "I've been looking for something like the dresser in that bedroom"... and go from there? Or perhaps have your husband just ask for it outright. :D

Dayka Robinson said...

what????? you never told me they ad the dresser, too! hope you're getting it 'cause it will look great in the boys room!

Brixton Nole said...

I say find another dresser on CList or the Thrift and offer to refurbish it in exchange for the campaign... That way everyone gets something new..I am so serious about my hunt for a campaign piece that I put an ALL POINTS bulletin on my facebook page with a picture JUST in case something like his is sitting in a friend's basement!

###### said...

if only i could find some here.

Erika Ward said...

tell them of you grand plan for the boys room and show them the design board. they will feel like they played a part, too!

House of Brooke said...

Ask them to PASS IT DOWN! you know to have a family JEWEL in the family.
its like leaving a legacy....

nice piece...

0bc