9.01.2010

BIG BOY BEDROOM 2: INSPIRATION

I'm hopefully starting on the boys rooms next week and here is a few of the things that I'm thinking about for the room. First, I'm thinking about white walls. I wanted black, but thats a bit much for some people although Nick was on board!
These prints are currently 5x7 and will be placed in a larger frame



Black and white stripes somewhere

A painted campaign dresser (yellow or red)

This duvet from Pottery Barn

This rug from IKEA



This is just a snippet! I'll be back next week with more about this room. What do you think so far? Are you opposed to painting walls black? Or, are you more opposed to painting a wall white?




Photobucket

9 comments:

Chedva @Rooms and Words said...

love this train of thought! looking forward to see it :)

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Humm, I'm torn on this one, even though I've seen a few kid spaces where the walls were black. I'm looking forward to see what you decide.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love the graphic elements of the fabric and rug, if you consider doing a black wall perhaps just a focal wall? An entire room would seem like a lot for a kid's room, in my opinion. Love the idea of a campaign dresser, do you have one? I would LOVE one!

Niki McNeill Brown said...

That rug is probably my favorite from IKEA! Hoping to use it my own bedroom :)

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

That's one heck of a kids' room!! I agree with Janell...white walls with maybe a black focal wall. Can't wait to see your progress!

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

an entire room of black walls, no.
But one focal one would be really cool, even cooler if it was Chalkboard, it is a kids room after all. Love all the inspiration

Unknown said...

Love that fabric & rug!! No to black walls :( to sad for little boys rooms - stick with white and have fun.

Ches said...

Cant wait to see how the room comes together. Im working on my little boys room at the moment, but your ideas seem so much more put together. Where do you find the inspiration? Wish you lived closer the boys could play and we could decorate.

House of Brooke said...

those pics are gonna be really cute in the room. the dresses is really nice and that rug tsk tsk Luvz it!
great choices