4.16.2012

REVISITING THE STENCILED WALL

Back in January, I did a review for Royal Design Studio “Hollywood Squares” stencil. 

image

I originally planned to leave it as just a section of the wall and possibly frame it.  Well, after looking at it like that for the past few months, I decided to just go ahead and stencil the entire wall.  After all, Mandi’s wall was the reason I chose this stencil in the first place.

berger chair makeover 086 Elan

On Saturday I picked up my roller and stencil and got to work.  Wanna see how it turned out?!

 

kitchen buffet and stencil 042

I’m still working on it.  I was trying to decide if I really want to take the stencil all the way to the top

kitchen buffet and stencil 047

Not only do I NOT want to pull out my ladder to do this, but I’m also not sure if I would like it being uneven at the top.  Maybe I could do one more row? I’ve been looking at this wall everyday since Saturday trying to figure out what I want to do.

What would you do? Take it to the top? Or, would you leave it even across?

12 comments:

Anne said...

Wow. What an impact! I think you should carry it to the ceiling. Go big or go home, right?? :)

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Coming from a person who is feeling lazy these days about DIY, except to point out other's great projects, I'd say leave it as is. OR, live with it for a bit and then decide. The wall looks FANTASTIC! Janell

Robyn Lucas said...

You should hang a really cute lighting fixture (change out the standard one). Then install a shelf that goes across the room. That way, you can break up the stencil and add some decorative items on top of the shelf.

Best of luck!

Sing of Singature Style said...

No hurry in the decision, I think it looks fine now. I'm sure if you ever get the urge you'll take it all the way up to the top. It's already a huge statement in the room, love it.

Decor & Harmony said...

Amazing! I love it :) I like it as is......less is more.

pam {simple details} said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your beautiful blog update! I think I'd like it all the way to the top, it's gorgeous!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Leave as is. I think it might be a nightmare trying to line it all up and have it come out evenly. Looks great!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Mel said...

Wow! It really looks dynamite!(channeling my 70's lingo lol)

I would bring it all the way to the top.

Luisa said...

i think it looks awesome! i think what i would do is make it an art statement. maybe by adding a wood or faux wood trim to the top and then maybe on the exposed part of the top adding some white frames or something...... hmmm later i might change that light fixture to a track light set and point it at the wall... you probably have a better idea since you are there and have wonderful taste but its just what came to mind based on the pics :) great job!

Mrs. Limestone said...

Looks great but it would drive me nuts not to have it on the entire wall.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

It looks great! I think it would be fabulous on the entire wall, but you could also run a piece of trim across the top of it where you stopped and make it look like it was intentional. Love the wall color.

Regina at Fauxology said...

I say take it all the way up! Do you have someone with a baker's scaffold they could loan you so you don't have to use the ladder? Would be much easier & faster for you. :) Man, do I wish I lived closer, I'd help you with it!