4.18.2012

THE WOOD HAS BEEN CUT

When I returned home from church on Sunday, I walked into my kitchen and was excited to see that my husband had done this (minus the peeling of the wall)

kitchen buffet and stencil 045

I was thinking that I would probably have to get my father in law to come help me with this project because it is very rare that my husband shows interest in DIY. But little did I know.  Once I was settled in, he ran out to Home Depot to grab this

kitchen buffet and stencil 048

I must admit, I was a little hesitant of him pulling this off.  And when he said “Oh babe, I ‘m going to cut the countertop down here in the family room”, I just about exploded.  But I had to remind myself that he was FINALLY pitching in on a project so if cutting a big chunk of wood in the HOUSE was going to get it done, by all means, just DO IT.

kitchen buffet and stencil 049

I know you didn’t think I was playing, right? *insert eye roll*

But it went better than I thought it would (minus the noise) and the butcher block fit perfectly now

kitchen buffet and stencil 050

Because it was getting late in the day, I had to put off moving forward with the project which brings me to today.  I’m going to start patching the wall and then I’m going to condition and stain the wood.

kitchen buffet and stencil 053

Can you believe I’ve never used stain before? I can’t wait to get to that part!

kitchen buffet and stencil 057

Sorry for the instagram pics.  My camera need new batteries and I’m too lazy to go buy some.

And before I forget, guess whose going to school in August?!


pre-k

Yep, he was the 9th name called yesterday.  I was over the moon!!!

And thanks for all of your comments yesterday and the night before.  I really appreciate it.  A LOT.  I think I’m close to a decision.  I’ll definitely keep you posted!

9 comments:

Sing of Singature Style said...

Wow, what an upgrade. I wish I could change my counter tops.

LindsB said...

I cant wait to see how it comes out with the stain!

CONGRATS on your sons name being picked, I bet you are so beyond excited!!

7 whole hours to yourself, I'm so jealous!!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Look at this, fantastic! And hubby pitching in, even better! Janell

Unknown said...

Yay! The new counter top looks good!

Dee said...

Your counter is going to amazing! I grew up with wood countertops in my childhood home and I hope you love yours as much as I loved mine. Very happy your little one was selected, and hope he enjoys Pre-K and learns alot!

Colleen said...

Gorgeous countertop! Lakeitha, I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award, check out my April 18th post for information. Have a great day!

Thrifty Home Designs said...

Wow! I wish I would come home from church and the hubby was DIYing - LOL. Now he sure will help me with my projects but ti just jump in there and start one - ha! Watch he'll now make a liar outta me! Can't wait to see the counter done!

La Monica said...

It's looking good Lakeitha! Can't wait to see the finished project. You're really good at DIY-ing. Don't give it up!

chenlina said...

chenlina20160427
air force 1
louis vuitton outlet online
true religion jeans
coach factorty outlet online
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses
cheap ray ban sunglasses
tiffany and co
kate spade
celine handbags
kobe 10
tory burch handbags
hollister kids
coach outlet
louis vuitton handbags
cheap ugg boots
michael kors outlet store
coach outlet
kobe 9
cheap oakley sunglasses
nike basketball shoes
jordan 3
true religion jeans
coach outlet store online clearances
coach outlet
ray bans
christian louboutin sale
ray ban sunglasses
oakley sunglasses
fitflops shoes
canada goose jackets
coach factorty outlet
kate spade handbags
coach outlet store online
cheap oakleys
nike outlet
instyler max
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton
christian louboutin shoes
as