7.21.2009

IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT THEN GET OUT THE KITCHEN

Since my cry for help for ideas for my kitchen, I've been busy with my cabinets. So far I've primed and painted the base of the cabinets. The doors are a whole other story. I must admit that I dread painting cabinets or anything for that matter because I'm something like a perfectionist. I sand, paint, sand, and paint again. And if I see a flaw after all that guess what? Yeah, I'll start the process over. So I have been taking my precious time with these doors. It's been so hot her in Atlanta lately that I tend to stay away from my kitchen and head to the garage and turn the fan on. I know it sounds crazy to go from air condition to the out doors, but it seems like my garage is a little cooler. Anyway..... Here are a few pictures of the progress

This is what it look like when we moved in. The walls were a honey mustard color and the cabinets were almost the same color.


This is just another view of my very small kitchen.

The lighting has to be replaced with something a little more up to date
I will be painting this table the same color as the cabinets and I've found some shield back chairs at a furniture consignment shop that would work better.

This wall will have three open shelves that will hold a few dishes and thingamajigs!
The walls are now Sherwin Williams Sands of Time. The cabinets are being painted Du Jour by Valspar from Lowes.

I haven't decided if I want black counter tops like this (picture found on house beautiful website) or something a little more earthy.


Stay tuned for more updates on this project. Next up will be the family room that's right off the kitchen. What do you think so far? Should I change the wall color? Am I moving too slow on this project? I'd like to hear what you have to say!

2 comments:

D.Duncan said...

Looks very classy and flows very well with your formal living room. But I completely see why your thinking of a Blank Onxy countertop, because it will bring your stove and refrig together. But I would eventually change out that black dishwasher (they so cheap right anyway). Also the cabinets look great, your done painting them right. Because the Wall and Base cabinets look like the exact same color. Or which is which? Kitchen table definitely needs to be white. What color are your shelves going to be? What color is the floors going to be? If you decide to take things up a notch, change out your knobs with something really unique! Now this is a stretch, but I'd like to see a nice chandelier in your kitchen. I got those ideas from the great Janell & Eddie Ross.

###### said...

Love what your doing with the house..and thanks for the comment you made on my blog. it can be hard sometimes with BF's...we grew apart but i think i always knew it was going to happen..almost like a bad marriage that was waiting to blow...but life goes on right..