6.22.2010

BIG BOY ROOM: Framing It Out

One of my plans for this room is to do a gallery/art wall



boys 223



Something like this





But, the wall in the inspiration room

reminds me of when I was in school and use to tack posters on my wall. It totally works for a kids space! But, I think I would like to add a few more frames to the wall.




With that in mind, I headed to my favorite stores to check out their inventory


GOODWILL!

boys 239



Because I’m going for a rustic look, I scoured these shelves in search of wooden frames with little, but some variation in color.





This is what came home with



I think I need a few more frames to get the look I want, but for $8 total, I think I'm off to a good start!


Now, I have to figure out how to put this wall together and find the art. Any tips or recommendations?

11 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I have a tip, make templates of all the frames you intend to use for your gallery wall, and then you can tape them on the wall in the configuration you like to see how they will look before making unnecessary holes in the wall.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Wow, $8 total for those frames? They look like they are just what you were looking for! Use some painters tape to work out the arrangement or you can also work it out on paper and then hang the paper up. Good luck! Janell

Unknown said...

$8??? What a steal! I love Goodwill! I'm really looking forward to seeing this LaKeitha.

Rachel
xoxo

Erika Ward said...

When at the goodwill, buy a few interesting books and frame the pages! Cheap art for sure!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I love art walls and really want to try one in my new place...thanks for the inspiration!

Sing of Singature Style said...

What about having your son to frame something he has made.
I'm sure you already thought of using his initial letter block to frame.
Check Ikea for some of their poster art as well.

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

How about having just the frame over his initial? uhm...I'm liking the green color

UberBliss said...

Fun Fun! In my daughter's last room, I found some huge frames from Goodwill with the glass still in them. She picked out pretty paper which we used as the 'picture' and she used dry erase markers to doodle, draw...whatever. It was not what I had in mind but it worked beautifully. Wonder if I should do that again in her room I'm doing now? hmmmm.....

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

$8?! What a buy! Looks like the room is coming right along!

Unknown said...

What about framing some of your sons artwork along with tings he likes ? that way the wall really represents him :)

Emily A. Clark said...

Impressive--gotta love Goodwill. I love the idea of mixing in his artwork with maybe pages from his favorite books. . . This room is going to be great!