6.15.2010

BIG BOYS ROOM UPDATE: Paint

As you know, the playroom is becoming the ‘big boy’ bedroom so the blue had to go

new 015

I really didn’t care for the blue and being presented with another bright color for the space really had me second guessing myself in allowing my son to choose his own color for the room. I tried to talk him out of green by saying a dark blue would be cool, but he stood his ground. Green was the color he wanted and green was the color he got. I really hate that it had to be lime green though….

boys 173 *Please excuse the carpet. Since it was the playroom, the carpet really needs to be cleaned. *

The color is Behr ‘Scotland Isle’ from Home Depot. It took two coats of this paint to get the room to look like the paint chip. The blue used in the playroom was by Sherwin Williams and only took one coat AND it went on like ‘Butta’! EVERY. TIME. I. TRY . TO . SAVE. A. LITTLE. MONEY. ON. PAINT, I end up spending the same amount that I would have spent by going to SW. So right now today I say to you: I’m NEVER skimping on paint again.

I will have to get you a better picture because the color is actually nice. I don’t plan on using another color this bright in my house again, but it is a nice color!

What do you think? Is it close enough to the inspiration?

sl-duvet-ronan

Next up….Shipping palettes!

boys 172

15 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

consider it a score for your newest interior designer in the house, tj!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I kinda like that green, TJ made a great choice.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Very close and I love a nice bright green!! Great job TJ, and yes, skimping on paint quality usually means more time spent painting! I am really looking forward to seeing the progress of the palettes!
Janell

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

He made a great choice! Very close to the inspiration room! Can't wait to see the palette project!

Sing of Singature Style said...

Great color for a child's room. Good job to you both.

Mom of 2 Cuties @ Sprinkles of Joy and Laughter said...

I like the color..but then again..I love green. If you find it is too bright you could always add wider stripes in a more toned down green that coordinates with the color you have now. I did this in our nursery years ago and it worked. Once you start getting the design going though you may feel it's not needed. I love the pallet idea!! Enjoy your day

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Defo a great colour choice for a kids room! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I like the color! very fun -- much better than boring blue walls! :)

###### said...

Love that green..but you know I love green walls right. I cant wait to see what you do with the palets. I have two in my garage. My hubby uses them to workout with though...wahhh wahhh

Rashon Carraway said...

Ok. I see where youre going. Feels like I need to catch up...lol

Mr. Goodwill Hunting
mr.goodwillhunting@gmail.com

Angela said...

I love it!! What a bright cheery color. The pallette headboard is absotutely charming as well.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I'm new to your blog and just love the room for your son. I wholeheartedly agree that paint matters. Pay once and get it right or you just do more work in the end. The colour your son picked is great and I'll be back to see what you create with those palettes. I have a son who might love that!!
Carol

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Hi there,
I can't wait to see what you do with the room. Love all of the inspiration pics! What a perfect idea to use the palettes. OMGosh! I love this idea. The green is prefect too.
Kelly

Champagne on Tuesdays said...

I like the green! Looking good!

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

I love that inspiration pic!