6.18.2010

BIG BOY ROOM: The Plans for the Space

So I’ve shown you the space now what? What will get this room to the point of being worthy of a reveal?

For starters, I must decide whether or not I’m using one palette or two

boys 238

boys 225

One palette would give me the chance to add nightstands, which I really want for the space. Two, well two was in the inspiration:-)

boys 237

Next, I need to figure out if I want to keep the ceiling fan. With Georgia’s 90+ degree heat, our AC is just not keeping up. TJ has specifically requested a new light fixture. We’ll have to see how I feel as the days go by

**well, now that I look at it on here, it may have to go;-)**

I have some cool American Clipper Prints that I found at an estate sale a while back that I plan to have framed

boys 232

And when I say “plan to have framed” I mean I’m going to find some frames that they will fit into! Seriously, have you ever had something framed professionally? Gee…

I would also like to do a massive gallery wall on this wall

boys 223

You know, something like this

kristen buckingham

Then I have to play up the only window in the room with some window treatments

boys 222

Speaking of window treatments, checkout the fabric that I received in the mail the other day

boys 236

Okay, and via Twitter, everyone loved the green, blue, and white color scheme that I’m going with in the room. Great! But, lets take it up a notch with a pop of orange

boys 234

And while I’m taking it up a notch, lets add a bit of whimsy and the unexpected with that orange and paint some foo dogs for the room

boys 235

Can you smell what I’m cooking for this room?! I can’t wait to start adding these things to the space! I contacted someone last night on Craigslist in reference to a desk and a dresser (here’s a hint: CAMPAIGN!!!), lets see if I get a call back! That desk would be perfect for this room:-)

So what do you think so far? Are you as excited as I am?!

Have a GREAT weekend!

21 comments:

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Love the orange pop and the fabric for the windows!

Dayka Robinson said...

i'm sure tj is excited for his "big boy" room. great color palette.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

The orange takes it to a whole new level. Glad to see you so fired up! Can't wait to see more photos!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I kinda like the two pallets, even though you mention that you wanted to add night tables. I'm sure you'll figure it out. Great job. I'm sure TJ is going to love his room when it's done

Tonia Lee Smith said...

PS. I hope you find that campaign piece you're looking for. It sure would be cute in his room.

Erika Ward said...

I think the campaign furniture would be an awesome add! fingers crossed for you!

Angela said...

I like the two pallettes too.

Sing of Singature Style said...

It's coming together. Loving those prints.

Unknown said...

Ooh il ike everything your thinking -- I saw go with two palettes, you can still do night stands - they will just sit a little on the outside and still look good

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

I like the headboard with 2 palettes. Maybe you could do some sort of "floating" nightstand on either side of the bed?? I have no idea how you would do that, but I think it sounds fun!! LOVE the orange! LOVE the window treatment fabric! LOVE the prints! Yep, I pretty much LOVE the room!

fingers are still crossed you get the campaign!! ;-)

BellaLovesPink said...

I love where this room is going! And I like the two pallet look too.

I'd say keep the fan..a little spray paint and contact paper (on the fins? blades? - what are they called? *brainspasms*), it could easily become part of the overall look you're going for.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

Two pallets!

Champagne on Tuesdays said...

I love the space. No idea on the one crate or two... I like both looks. Hmmm!

On framing, yes, it can be pricey, but if you want to catch a break... buy a cheap frame that's bigger than your print, and then have the frame shop cut a mat for the print and frame to pull it together. Custom cut mats are about sixteen bucks.

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

I'm loving the pop of orange. I like the look with the two pallets

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Definitely like 2 palettes. Why don't you attach a shelf by adding brackets to the palette. It would give you a nightstand but keep it off the floor. Looking great.
Carol

Niki McNeill Brown said...

Could you do two pallette and put small night stands in front? That could be a cool layered look!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Wow, how did I miss these last two posts?!?!?! "life comes at you fast!!"

I love the look of the palette boards, and I'm thinking I like just the one!!

Everything is looking fabulous! And I am so inspired by your bedskirt project that I'm going to do it in mine, and of course mention my inspiration!

Have a great weekend...Janell

Stacy of KSW said...

Wow, its my first visit to your site and I'm not sure what to comment on first. Guess I'll start with the fact that I love your style, that is going to be one fantastic little boys room. Maybe you can help me with mine next! Um, then there's the fact I am drooling over your background - oh I could go on all day. I'll be back to dote on you more later ... right now I have three kids to feed :)

Stacy

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

I'm excited! I adore that green!!! I can't wait!

Averill said...

I can smell it -- and it's delicious! Love the orange + foo dogs...and campaign furniture?! Icing on the proverbial cake...

Christy Bishop said...

where did you get the fabric for the curtains? I love it and it would fit so well for drapes in my master bdr! can't wait to try the no sew method!