1.11.2010

ROASTED NUTS


I'm pretty sure you know that snow was in the forecast this past weekend.

And since Atlanta shuts down when we have a "snow storm" (I'm being funny here!) I decided to get the painting done in the master bedroom. Do you remember the hard time I was having deciding on the perfect shade of brown? Well I guess I need to start consulting my little sister more often. After not being able to pick up my headboard (more on that later), we decided to head over to Home Depot for the paint. Actually I was going to buy another sample, but my sister was like "NO". She took over and basically said "Get this brown and this for the trim and let's go"!

Here is the corner of the room with all my different 'sample' browns

(there were two more browns on the wall after this photo!)


Here is the same corner after being painted



The color is "Roasted Nuts" by Behr from Home Depot. It is the paint and primer mix also known as the more expensive Behr paint that still requires primer!


I will catch you up on the headboard in another post. To give you an idea of the direction I'm going, check out this post on Swoon Worthy Boutique.

11 comments:

Erika Ward said...

Ooh, how pretty!! Sometime we do need that person to give us that kick in the pants. Great choice...looks yummy!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Hey, can I borrow your design assistant?! It look really really great, very warm and rich, but still not too dark. Aren't you so pleased this task for the room is DONE? You've got my interest, heading over to your other blog!
Janell

adventures of a 1st time mom said...

thank for the shout out L.duncan...i enjoyed helping you pick the color i am glad that you really like it....i was scared to put my name on it and you didn't like but i tooked the risk....and I LOVE IT.....can't wait to see the room come together....and i can't wait to help with anything else.....good luck!!!!!!1

Dayka Robinson said...

LOVE IT--it looks JUST LIKE this RL color I have. Glad you finally made the leap!

Unknown said...

I like it! It turned out nice - those chairs look perfect in your bedroom.

BTW - you paint well, no paint marks on the ceiling!

###### said...

congrats on getting it done..looks good!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

OK, I'm ready to start my DIYs...

raybanoutlet001 said...

zzzzz2018.5.22
polo pas cher
kate spade outlet online
nike shoes
jordan 4
pandora charms
oakland raiders jerseys
coach outlet
kate spade outlet
pandora
ralph lauren uk

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.11
louboutin shoes
yeezy
off-white clothing
nike shoes
pandora
saics running shoes
coach outlet online
nike blazer
longchamp handbags
ray ban sunglasses

yanmaneee said...

curry 5
lebron 15 shoes
jordan 13
kyrie spongebob
golden goose outlet
golden goose
yeezy boost
supreme clothing
golden goose sneakers
kd 12

teereaus said...

look at this web-site www.dolabuy.ru like it Dolabuy Hermes Click This Link Check This Out