10.13.2014

CHANGE IS GOOD

For the past year, I have been on a weight loss journey.  If you follow me on instagram, you have seen every part of that because I have not held back anything.  I must admit, that journey has been one of the most liberating experience of my life! Not only have I lost a little more than 100lbs, but I’ve learned a little more about myself.  Although I’m definitely proud of my accomplishment, I’ve realized that that journey was just the beginning of my true journey in life.  I have been carrying around a ton of emotional baggage from my childhood, relationships with friends and family, and past relationships. 
 
After having discussions with a few different people and listening to others who have been on journeys of their own, what I’ve realized about myself is that my biggest problem is trying to make others happy.  I have been doing things that I think others would appreciate for so long, that I’ve forgotten what it is that Lakeitha like and want for herself.  It took a minute for me to figure that out and I would like to give social media credit for helping me arrive at that “aha” moment.  From blogging, to what I post on Facebook and Instagram, I question if it will be “liked” or received well by others.  But what about me?  What about what I really like?  You know, I love a good trend and I’m sure you do, too, but I am not a “trend”.  Let me go back and say that I am not by any means blaming any of you for anything that may be going on with me.  What I am saying is that CHANGE is coming. 
 
 ADDRESSING THE CHANGE.
 

For starters, my blog is now what I will consider a lifestyle blog.  It’s focus is no longer home décor/DIY.  I won’t stop decorating or DIY’ing things, its just not my sole focus anymore.  I like to cook, travel, decorate my home, figure out what works for my natural hair, and shop! I’m going to share that with you.
 
My personal instagram is no longer just my dumping ground for my before and after pictures.  I’m sorry ya’ll, but I AM NOT A BEFORE AND AFTER *lol*!  What it will show is how I’m maintaining my new healthy lifestyle after my massive weight loss, what I eat, a few exercises that I do, and said topics mentioned above (cooking, décor, traveling, etc).
 
I can’t control what you decide to do with this news, but I would like to think that it will be worth your while if you stick around.



L.

9 comments:

srldesign said...

I love this and I love you!! ;-) Keep at it girl, and be yourself--every part of it. I'll be here, xoxo

Unknown said...

Actually I am quite excited about this. Your weight loss journey has been inspirational but you were beautiful and talented before. I do hope you continue to share your decorating because you are very talented. Btw, love your holiday style. You be you and don't worry about what the world thinks because you have already inspired a lot of people. Have a great day!

Latoya Scott said...

Definitely can relate to all you said...all I do is think about what other people will think, despite the fact that I say I don't. I'm sooo over it. If it ain't making me happy then it can't possibly make anyone else happy. You are a great inspiration and I look forward to anything you have to share!

MsSarcasm said...

Love your spirit!!!

Decor & Harmony said...

Lakeitha! You look amazing :) way to go!You're inspiring many!

Karen said...

Girl you look a-mazing! Congrats on your healthy changes. Looking forward to seeing what is to come on your blog. (Karen from the former Strictly Simple Style.)

Ms.JayQue said...

Hey girl I know what it is like when you're so concerned about pleasing others that you lose yourself. Well I'm glad you're finding yourself and I definitely look forward to what is in store.

Unknown said...

Change is good. Love your new perspective and I'm looking forward to what you have in store! XO

Unknown said...

Lakeitha, you are truly amazing! This is my first time checking out your blog and I'm glad I did. Keep up the amazing work.