1.15.2015

think thursday: my word of the year

So we're 15 days into the new year and I've finally figured out what my word of the year is.  Why a word of the year you ask?  Well, in my opinion, it's a heck of a lot simpler to concentrate on a word (especially when your goals are directly tied to that word) than to continuously go back to your long list of resolutions.  Don't get me wrong, I do have some things that I want to accomplish this year and I have written them down to remind myself.  I've even started a new vision board, but ultimately, the possibility of me accomplishing everything I want this year all boils down to one thing... FOCUS.
 
 
From my business to my fitness journey, I won't be as successful as I'd like to be if I continue to lose focus.
 
In business, I gotta stop comparing myself to other businesses.  There is no rule book that says I have to be where so and so is, or one that tells me what "success" look like.  I must focus more on making Wrist Soiree better and not everything else.  The success of my business is determined by me and as long as I stay focused on it and it alone, it will be as successful I want it to be.
 
As far as my fitness journey, I've started to doubt myself a bit.  Weird right?  I've lost over 100lbs and I'm starting to doubt being able to take it to the next level of becoming fit.  But then, what exactly does that mean?  Is that just a sign of me possibly comparing myself to others?  I think so.  I'm constantly seeing what others have accomplished and I'm starting to wonder how long it will take for me to do the same.  But then, by doing that, I push my strengths aside.  Staying focused on the message I want to deliver to people that are inspired by me is very important.  I can't be the best X, but I can be the best Lakeitha.   
 
Basically, I need to have tunnel vision.  I don't want to keep letting other things around me throw me off course. 
 
So what say you?  Do you have a word of the year?  Or what about resolutions?  I really am excited about 2015 and everything I plan to accomplish. 
 
Lakeitha

6 comments:

Latoya Joyner Cargile said...

Thanks for this post! I share your exact sentiments about staying focused on self and not comparing "self" to others. Your success and how you define it will not look like others. YOU define your own success and what you want yours to look like.

And the fitness journey...there aren't many people I look to for inspiration, but you've been that one person that I turn to when I feel like this waist isn't going anywhere! Yours is SNATCHED and if I stay focused, mine that be snatched too!

I wish you all the success you can handle in 2015 and beyond. Continue blessing us with your story!

Best Wishes!


cococurvy said...

Focus is a great word of the year! I think mines should be consistency which will tie into me focusing! I too also seem to compare myself to other women which is not a positive thing. I find when I do that I doubt myself and do not accomplish what I need to accomplish. My husband always says to me "stop desiring what others have and get it yourself." I need to take heed to this. My girl friend (whom I haven't seen in years) was recently out in Cali (where I'm from) this past weekend for the IMATS and I didn't not go and see her because she recently lost a substantial amount of weight and I've gained. No matter how she lost it (she had weight loss surgery) I still feel bad because this weight loss journey of mine has been hell for me and my consistency and focus has been lacking. So I missed my friend... anywho... sorry for the long rant lol i guess i needed to get that out... thank you for always sharing your journey. I will be adding focus to my words of the year list! :)

Lashanda Renee said...

Can you just live next door to me already?! LOVE IT.

lina123 Chen said...

chenlina20150703
pandora bracelets
oakley sunglasses wholesale
louis vuitton outlet
burberry handbags
jordan 6
fitflop sale
michael kors outlet online
ray ban sunglasses
lululemon sale
chanel outlet
juicy couture outlet
cheap toms
air max uk
coach outlet store online
polo outlet
polo ralph lauren
gucci outlet
prada
chanel uk
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton
abercrombie and fitch
michael kors outlet
longchamp outlet
cheap chanel handbags
michael kors
caoch outlet
michael kors
cheap jerseys wholesale
beats studio
jordan retro 11
michael kors handbags
ray ban wayfarer
christian louboutin outlet
coach factory outlet
kate spade outlet
louis vuitton
fitflops sale
oakley sunglasses cheap
tory burch flats

Hua Cai said...

michael kors outlet
san francisco 49ers jerseys
michael kors outlet online
adidas outlet
ralph lauren uk
cartier love bracelet
oakley sunglasses outlet
nike roshe run
michael kors handbags
air jordan shoes
chicago blackhawks jersey
louis vuitton outlet
moncler coats
ray ban sunglasses, http://www.raybansunglass.co.uk
mbt shoes
the north face outlet store
nike air max uk
rolex watches,rolex watches,swiss watches,watches for men,watches for women,omega watches,replica watches,rolex watches for sale,rolex replica,rolex watch,cartier watches,rolex submariner,fake rolex,rolex replica watches,replica rolex
replica handbags
roshe run men
new balance 574
nike outlet store
hermes birkin
louboutin shoes
air max 2015
mcm handbags
replica watches
burberry outlet, http://www.burberryoutletonlinestore.com.co
ghd
polo ralph lauren outlet
atlanta falcons jersey
louis vuitton,borse louis vuitton,louis vuitton sito ufficiale,louis vuitton outlet
air force 1 shoes
ray ban sunglasses
fitflop
michael kors factory online, http://www.michaelkorsfactoryoutletonline.com
2015815caihuali

chenlina said...

chenlina20160427
jordan 11 concord
lebron shoes
coach outlet store online
nike air jordan
coach outlet
true religion
jordan 4 toro
adidas uk
michael kors handbags
jeremy scott shoes
michael kors purses
michael kors outlet
toms shoes outlet online
michael kors handbags
nike outlet store
ray ban wayfarer
toms shoes
oakley sunglasses
coach outlet store online
louis vuitton bags
michael kors uk
ray ban sunglasses
jordan 6
coach outlet
nike store
replica watches
fitflops sale clearance
ugg outlet
north face outlet
louis vuitton
hollister kids
nike roshe run women
cheap jordans
abercrombie and fitch new york
michael kors outlet
oakley vault
louis vuitton handbags
nike air huarache
nike sb shoes
juicy couture
as