3.22.2011

GOODWILL HUNTING…

I go to my local Goodwill Stores about twice a week.  A lot of the times I don’t grab anything, but I take pictures of items that, to me, have potential.  Here are a few items that I found recently

117

These two pedestal tables would make great coffee/accent tables placed in front of a settee or a small sofa…

I would paint them or even gold leaf them!

120

Three chairs anyone?! For $25,  I would use them in the kitchen (now that I think about it, I should have grabbed these!).  DANG…

118

for $65, I should have ran out of the store with this on my back… But, I didn’t get it.  Now if I want one, I’ll probably have to spend about $300-500 for it at an antique shop…DANG!

124

Nothing says vintage like a framed “bartman” poster! Oh well, I would have taken the other piece in the middle, but I really didn’t want to spend $45 on it…Looking at it now, it probably would have been perfect over my fireplace after the framed was painted…DANG!

 

125

$6 each…brass painted a funky color and BAM…, but I didn’t get them…DANG!

Oh well,  I can’t buy everything, right?! Do you think this stuff is still there? Yeah, me eitherSmile

What have you found at the thrift store lately?

18 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Would you believe I have two of those pedestal tables in my shop right now - and they are painted gold! Sounds like we are of like mind! Great finds, all. We need a warehouse...

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

Those pedestal tables are FABULOUS!

Chandra Chinnis said...

My Goodwill doesn't have good finds like those.

Tricia said...

Oh I would kill for that dresser! I've been keeping my eyes peeled for one around here and nothing. For $65, that is unbelievable!!!

Kathysue said...

Gm Laekitha, That chest was amazing, i wonder what kind of wood was underneath the paint job. Loved the curves, I think you are going to regret not getting that. It has such wonderful lines to it!! timing is everything isn't it?
Those cute little brass light fixtures had a darling shape, kind of Chinoiserie looking. OOOOh down a long hallway and painted a fun color for $6, oh my!!!! You are making me want to go GW hunting!!!
Thank you again for the headsup on the fabric, you saved me so much time!!! You are the best!! Have a wonderful day,kathysue

Dayka Robinson said...

i saw those tables the other day and debated about getting one to go between 2 slipper chairs i recently bought. great lines!

Unknown said...

The dresser and light fixtures are amazing!!!

I haven't been thrift shopping in while, i'm in the process of purging what is not needed in our home, yep my nesting is kicking in :)

Ches said...

Great finds, I cant beleive you didnt snatch up that dresser! It would be fun painted a pretty aqua or yellow.

The Sister Sophisticate said...

Nice finds...Love the chest! I would have ran out with it too!

Unknown said...

It's so funny - I used to hate Goodwill shopping with my mom when I was a kid and now I LOVE it! I missed out on the most beautiful headboard about a month ago - DANG!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

You are totally making me want to run out the door to my local Goodwill- those tables and that dresser- YES!

Karen said...

That dresser would have been the perfect piece for your family room makeover. You could have painted it and used it in a corner to stash some of the kids toys. It's probably long gone now though, right?

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

What!? You didn't get those adorable little pagoda light fixtures?!?!?!?!?!?!? I am mad at you. Janell

Melissa I. said...

Which Goodwill? I seriously want that dresser!

Niki McNeill Brown said...

Very very soon, I'm going to be joining you on one of these trips!!

Desiree said...

I love the tables and dresser!! I never anything that nice at Goodwill.

Unknown said...

oohh! what great finds! I love those tables!

Hopechest Bride said...

Love the tables, chest and Ohhhh those light fixtures!!