11.27.2012

BOXWOOD WREATH: a diy tutorial of sorts

With Christmas swiftly approaching, I wanted to get a head start on a few holiday DIY's that I've been wanting to do. For starters, I've always loved the look of boxwood wreaths for the holidays. They're just so clean and simple. I decided to make one that would hopefully last me years and years, but if not that's fine because it didn't cost me much to make anyway;)

I started with some faux boxwood branches and a grapevine wreath from hobby lobby

After cutting the branches, I started placing them around the wreath just to see if I had enough and to get a good base so all I had to do was wire them to the wreath.

 

 

After that was done, I took out my wire and wire cutters and started wiring down each piece of the faux branches

 

 

 

 

Once I went around the entire wreath, I did have more branches left so I just stuffed them in the wreath. No wire or anything. I did that until I was out of branches and until I got the look I wanted. After that was done I tied a ribbon to it and tossed it on my sideboard next to my new chalkboard frame I made (more on that later!)

 

This wreath cost me less than $20 to make and I'm totally happy with it. I may need to make another one:-)

 

What have you made for the holidays so far?

 

9 comments:

Emily A. Clark said...

I love it, Lakeitha! I may try to do this after Christmas when things aren't so crazy. I love the look of them year round.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

This is so beautiful! I want to do this myself, my door is missing a wreath...Janell

Brandi said...

Beautiful job on your wreath, friend. I love the look!

Unknown said...

Love this, thanks for the tutorial. So beautiful and simple to make, my kinda project. :)

Darnetha | ChippaSunshine said...

You must have read my mind...I want to make three of these to go on my front windows. I saw this same wreath at a restaurant the other day and thought it would be perfect.

Kenya@Greenhouse said...

So cute!!! The boxwoods look so real!!!

Decor & Harmony said...

Great wreath it looks so natural :) I have made two wreaths using coffee filters but I have gotten around to posting them yet....I just can't put my glue gun down LOL....I love this time of year.

LindsB said...

I totally thought that was a real boxwood wreath, so sneaky and I love it!

Marcia V. said...

Very cute!