8.04.2013

A SIDEBOARD AND A FAMILY ROOM SNEAK PEEK

I'm inspired to blog again!! Like really inspired! I'll chat more about it this week (PROMISE!). Lets just say that I had the chance to volunteer at Haven. You know, the DIY blogger conference that takes place here in Atlanta? Yep, that one!

During some down time, I was allowed to sit in on a session by Emily A. Clark and Kristin which lead to me to redoing my sideboard/campaign dresser that's in my living room. It started out like this...

I love art groupings. I thought I was headed in the right direction with this, but it never really felt quite right.

After a little switcharoo, it now looks like this

It's not perfect and not to mention the terrible camera phone picture, but it's better I think:-) I'm thinking about switching out the lamp for 2 brass sconces I have. Maybe I'll do that later in the week...

My boys start school tomorrow so I'll have more free time! Between entertaining them, celebrating my anniversary, and working in my shop, I've been crazy busy!

I also made a few changes to the family room. Again, another phone picture, but I wanted to share the space with you:-)

Just edited the below image in my phone so picture temperature won't be so "warm".

I'll be back this week with more! How was your weekend?

 

4 comments:

Shavonda@AHomeFullOfColor said...

O em gee! I love it. Everything is just fab lady. The rug and the flamingo print are awesome additions to the space. Can't wait to see more from you.

L. Providence said...

Loving the revamp! That flamingo print is awesome. Loving the size of it in proportion to the other prints! Awesome! :)

Laura
TheNativeNewYawker.com

Unknown said...

your family room is coming together so nicely and the rug you choose looks so good!

LindsB said...

It looks amazing- soo well put together and layered, loving everything you got going on here!