7.17.2012

HOW DO YOU STYLE YOUR COFFEE TABLE?

I know that maybe a weird question to ask someone, but have you ever wondered how to style yours?

fall living room6

I was looking at an old image of mine the other day and thought my styling could definitely use some help! It no longer looks like the above picture, but even now, it still needs help!

Here is a  picture I snapped on instagram the other day, sigh… Just stacks of magazines

602271_10151892183310641_1885446501_n[1]

I want my table to have more personality like these

Pinned Image

via

Pinned Image

via

Pinned Image

via

Pinned Image

via

Pinned Image

via

While scouring Pinterest for inspiration images of styled coffee tables, I realized that I’m not too far off with my styling.  I have the books (as you can see above!), so all I need now is some fresh flowers, a candle, and either a tray or a cool little trinket box or object.  That’s easy enough, right?  And for those of us with small children, I think keeping small pieces to a minimum is key here.  No matches and and little coasters, etc. would work for my table.  The larger the piece, the least likely it is for my 4 year old to play with  itSmile

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love a well styled coffee table.. the more the prettier but I suppose not practical!

Emily A. Clark said...

Well, since you asked. . .I style mine with diapers, wipes, magazines I'll never get to read and toys. :)

Niki McNeill Brown said...

Right now I have a Fuschia orchid that my beau gave me & a tarnished silver platter that holds all my votive holders (I'm obsessed with scented candles) :)

I'm on the hunt for a bigger coffee tale thought because it doubles as my dining table!

Unknown said...

When you do get your table styled please please please share how you keep it that way with 3 kids. I cannot even keep a houseplant on my table without my two year old digging out all the soil, I'm at my wits end!:)