11.03.2010

THRIFTY MAKEOVERS BY A READER

Recently a reader (Sherry D) contacted me to share some of her thrifty finds and their makeovers. Here is some of what she said:

“I live in Huntsville Al, last week I saw your post about the things you passed up at GW, guess what? last Monday I came all the way to ATL just to go from one GW to the next, smile. I didn't find anything good on that trip but hey maybe next time. The items in the photos came from Craigslist or yard sales.”

I’m amazed that she made the drive here to shop at Goodwill. She is a girl after my on heart! Thrifting is great no matter the source. And as see here with her Craigslist and yard sale finds, you can still find great pieces! Here are a few of her treasures

Dinette set… I love the glossy black!

Dinette Set b4.jph Dinette After

I’ve never seen old school desks look so chic!

schooldesk b4 schooldesk after

Her desk looks AMAZING! I see these all the time at thrift stores. Now, I wish I would have brought one home;-)

My Desk b4 Blue Ocean Desk After

Thanks Sherry for sharing your before and afters with me and allowing me to share them with my readers! I hope that you’re able to join me for the “Goodwill Meet-Up”!

What have you found lately while thrifting?!

6 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

This is just the best trend in home design! The desk is wonderful...I now have to go check out the newly opened GW Store in my town!
Janell

Hello Lover... said...

Great Makeovers! Those desks are too cute!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I love those two schoolhouse desk. Fabulous makeovers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for showing my makeovers. :) Thanks to the ladies for the compliments. Count me in for the GW meet up!! Sherry D

SHERRY HART said...

Love the blue desk!

House of Brooke said...

So in love with that bloooh!!!