2.18.2011

BLACK FRIDAY: Karen of Hammocks & High Tea

If you haven’t heard of Hammocks & High Tea, I suggest you climb out from under your rock and pull out a magazine! It’s the amazing product line by Karen Young. Consisting of tea towels, sachets, totes, and pillows to name a few, Hammocks & High Tea has something for everyone!

karen young

I had the pleasure of meeting Karen in New York at the HGTV luncheon and she is such a doll, not to mention FUNNY!

Her products have been featured in many magazines and also featured on the Nate Berkus Show. They were recently featured in the latest issue’s of House Beautiful and Better Homes and Garden (in which I always give her a shout out on twitter whenever I see a mention!)

012 300

bigcartelheader

“Inspired by my grandmother (the embodiment of fusion with Scottish-Portuguese heritage), Hammocks & High Tea offers products that express a modern sensibility of what is commonly known as tropical design.”- Karen

pillows

hammocksandhightea

tea towels

I love the colors and patterns she uses in her collection. I actually have plans for her drawer liners!

drawer-liner-rolls

You can find Karen here:

Website

Blog

Twitter

Happy Friday!

13 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I'm am soooooo proud of Ms Karen. She is making great strides with her product line. Yet another great one!

Unknown said...

As I climb out from under my rock - I must confess that I have not heard about her - so thank you for featuring her, now I am in the know. Off to check out her website..,

Al
www.almcleary.com/blog

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Al, Ha! Hey, I just recently met her. So I not too long ago climbed from under a rock;-)

Thanks for the laugh this morning!

Hammocks & High Tea said...

LOL @ under a rock! You are funny Lakeitha :) Thank you for the lovely post, and as always for the support and shout outs!

-Tonia- you rock

-Al- join me under my own rock :) LOL!

Niki McNeill Brown said...

LOVE Karen! her products are fabulous and even though I haven't met her in person I can tell she has such a great spirit :)

Unknown said...

I love those drawer liners and the pillows are so pretty!

Karen said...

Thanks for introducing us to Karen, I love the bright fabrics and colors she uses.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Apparently I've been under a rock...LOVE THESE! Would love to meet Karen, thanks for the introduction. This is a really good series, by the way. Looking forward to more.

Janell

Marcy said...

Karen is as fabulous as her designs are! So fun to see her highlighted here.

Tara said...

Madelyn has been keeping me super busy..Just stopped in to see this awesome post on something new I hadn't seen. Look at that gorgeous drawer liner. U have sparked my interest!

Erika Ward said...

Superb, LaKeitha! Great to see Karen's work spotlighted. She's got some amazing stuff and a personality to match!

I'm interested in those totes for sure!!

Stacy of KSW said...

Really enjoying your series Lakeitha! You have a way with helping others shine :)

House of Brooke said...

Congrats to Karen!
I saw this "Spotlight" Big Blessings.
So Sweet of you to post this!!

luv it.