5.05.2010

I HAD SUCH HIGH HOPES

The duvet arrived Monday and I was so excited only to be let down after putting it on the bed. Remember when I showed you the bed with a coverlet I purchased?



I couldn't wait until the duvet arrived because I KNEW it was going to be the one and I could just put the finishing touches on the room. Well, as you can tell from the pictures below



It's not the one. Nope, not even close:(

I've already started my search for a new duvet and I'll show you the contenders. I'm going to start on a gallery wall that I have planned for the space in the meantime. Oh and I've started on the upholstery part of the chair that's going into the room. I have an interesting post for that on 'how not to upholster a chair'!

Are you guys just as disappointed as I am?!


Photobucket

11 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

YES, Im disappointed. This is why I must see everything that I buy in person.I have to be able to touch and feel it. I'm so not an online shopper.

Erica Cook said...

I know how that feels when you have a distinct idea of what you want and it just doesn't seem to happen. :( Hope you find it. In the meantime come over to Moth Design. I'm having my first giveaway. xo

http://moth-design.blogspot.com/2010/05/moths-first-giveaway.html

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Oh, what a bummer. The wall color and headboard look great, though.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I really can't wait to see what your other ideas are. You were looking for something with a stronger graphic element? It's really not bad and some people would say it is really nice, but I know you are looking for more than okay. Janell

Champagne on Tuesdays said...

I'm disappointed that you don't like it. I don't dislike it. I do think perhaps the headboard is a lot stronger visually than the pattern in the duvet. Is that what you see?

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

I think it is beautiful, but I also know when you are after something specific, you are after that and nothing else. Hope you find it.

Sissy

charm home said...

Awe, I really like it but that's only because I have that same duvet...or one that's almost identical in my bedroom. I have the apple green and gray version though. I love mine but my headboard is very plain so the pattern really pops on my bed.

I also know what it feels like to purchase something that you think you are going to love and then to be so disappointed when you get it in your house. Hopefully you'll find the right one soon. -Cristi

Angela said...

Sorry it didn't work for you. Have you tried a home fabric store? You may be able to find a bolder fabric, then have someting custome made. I agree, you need something bold, possibly geometric or Amy Butler patterns will work.

Unknown said...

Ahh, I kind of like it - its looks pretty - maybe find somthing with more brown?

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I like it! Is that the fabric I posted this week?! I LOVE IT! :) Is it too much with the headboard for you? (That's beautiful, btw.)

Emily A. Clark said...

I'm really surprised this didn't work. I loved it when you first blogged about it. So much so that I almost used it for an online client's bedroom. . . .