9.14.2010

SOCIAL MEDIA…YEAH, IT’S WORTH THE TIME

I know a lot of people that say that they don’t have time to keep up with all the different types of social media.  Facebook, Twitter, blogging, you name it.  But in my opinion, its pretty much the way of the world these days!  Seriously, I shared my battle with my weight yesterday and you all gave me some of the greatest advice! Thank You! Right now, I’m definitely adding more water intake.  I’m also going to eat less foods with sugar.  I have considered weight watchers and I think that would be a good investment too.  Walking was another biggie.  There is a PATH at the park close to my boys school that I me and my youngest son can walk everyday. If I do that for 30 minutes after dropping the boys off, I ca be home by 8:30! Denise Austin came up too.  I have a Denise Austin DVD from after I had my first son! LOVE HER!!! So yeah, I think I’m going down the right path and of course I’m going to blog about it! Maybe every Saturday I can update you on my progress or what has worked for me!

 

Okay, back to social media.  Yesterday I (and over 100 other bloggers) received an email from Nate Burkus team letting us know that we were invited to participate in an all blogger audience taping for the show next week! Yup! No kidding! Do you wanna know how it started?  With a tweet from the MOGGIT girls to Nate Burkus.  A TWEET! Remember when we all had Nate Day?  Where most of your favorite bloggers wrote post on Nate’s designs?

spaces_105_350x263

Well those posts paid off! When Nate saw how bloggers pulled together and created a day for him, he was more than happy to accommodate our wishes of being in his audience!  And all of this came from social media! Yeah, it is hard we you’re starting out, but once you get the hang of it, trust me, its very rewarding! Blogging helps me connect with you everyday.  Twitter is great because it allows me to share instantly what I’m thinking or doing.  I post pictures on twitter and everything.  I’ve also learned that it is so much easier to “talk” to you.  With all of the new technology out there when it comes to cell phones, there is an app for blogging, twitter, and facebook!  

So thanks to blogging, twitter, and facebook, I will have the chance to meet all of the amazing bloggers that I chat with in person next week (Tuesday) in New York! And guess what?  I’m going to share everything on TWITTER! So, if you haven’t registered for a twitter account, what are you waiting for?  Sign up now and follow all of your favorite bloggers because I’m sure they’re going to be doing the same!

 

Are you on twitter?  If so, please leave your twitter name so I can follow you! Mine is @L_Duncan!

 

For those of you that want updates on my projects, stay tuned for a craft that I’m putting together for the nursery!

23 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

This post really does tell a story of the power of social media. Yesterday was certainly a crazy day of connecting with so many fellow bloggers, can't wait to meet you and so many of my blogging friends next week! Janell

Niki McNeill Brown said...

I'm so sad I didn't get one!! But I wouldn't be able to go anyway... Have a BALL for me!

CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

I got my invitation yesterday morning, but I haven't received a confirmation yet. I am dyyyyyying, I want to go sooo bad. We've already started scoping restaurants. I hope I get to see you in NYC!!! Cross your fingers for me!

Stacy of KSW said...

How incredibly awesome!!!!! Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you. Half for the invite, half for the progress you're making and then over the moon about all the great bloggers you'll get to meet up with. How exciting, can't wait to hear all about it!!

Oh yeah, and you reminded me Nate made a settee I used to have an eye for .. hmm, off to check it out to see if it will work for my blogging space :) I have officially retired the toddler papasan (Ha!!)

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

So true! I can't believe the power of social media!!

Sing of Singature Style said...

That is so cool. You deserve this opportunity and the trip to NY. Have fun!

Angela said...

Congratulations! I enjoy following all the design blogs. You guys have inspired me to decorate my home on a buget. Something I totally forgot how to do and didn't think was possible until now. Home improvement is a form of working out, ya know:)

Rashon Carraway said...

Well Ididnt get one. Granted I didnt do a Nate Day. This medium is so powerful!

I think we need to have an Oprah day. I mean this is her last season...and who wouldnt want to blog while looking at Oprah!

Mr. Goodwill Hunting
http://g-w-hunting.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Have fun in NYC - such a fun city!! I went to a taping to see The View a few yrs back with a GF - we had so much fun, make sure you arrive early and hopefully you'll be able to pick your own seat. We had front row seats and I got to meet Paula Deen in person, she's so sweet. Have fun!!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Yes,social media does pay off, I hope that all of you that do go have a fabulous time! I'm excited for all of you. I kinda wish I was going now :)

Erika Ward said...

I am beyond excited and can't wait to sit in the audience with all of you! You're are absolutely right, it is sooo worth it!

Averill said...

I think it's awesome Nate is doing a bloggers' show and would LOVE to participate if only my work schedule would allow!

PS - Weight Watchers really does work.

Laila @OnlyLaila said...

How cool is that!! I hope you have a great time at the show. Social media is definitely becoming a force to be reckoned with.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at home23duncanboys.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Peter

Liv.Luv.Design said...

@livluvdesign "I'm a newbie to social media but I see how powerful it has become. I can't wait to submit my first blog post (I'm a serious design junkie!) and join the blogging world. Anyway, hope you guys have fun on #thenateshow #nate921. "

Amy Chalmers said...

I'll be following you on twitter! Mine is @maisondecor and I am new to SM and have found it very rewarding! I am excited to be going to the Nate Berkus show...and it is all because of SM. I was also contacted by a TV production company for HGTV all because of my blog....so it is a very useful tool!!

Anonymous said...

Wow neat! This is a really great site! I am wondering if anyone else has come across something
exactly the same in the past? Keep up the great work!

ABC Dragoo said...

xoxoxo CAN NOT WAIT TO MEET YOU xoxoxo
Twitter is so super cool - it's opened so many doors and interesting connections for me. I can't even begin to explain.

Looking forward to seeing/meeting you in real life. I think it is awesome that you're flying in on such short notice. :D

Unknown said...

yup, I loved this post! Can't wait to read your Saturday posts, as I am sure I will find a lot of inspiration in them as well! As for Nate, I went last month with a big group of bloggers and we had THE most fun, only a little portion of this aired yesterday, but that is beside the point really...the point is you will have the best time, AND I am going to make sure I follow it on Twitter!
xx

SHERRY HART said...

Lucky you!!! Have a blast!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Great post! And what fun we are going to have. Looking forward to meeting another ATL girl up there in NYC. Gonna have a blast!

LindsB said...

SOOO excited to meet you in person finally!

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

Thats really wonderful. I'm still a little skeptical about putting everything out there. I do have a blog and a private Facebook to comunicate with my abroad family.