8.24.2009

GIVE HER YOUR HONEST OPINION...



Okay girls (and guys!) who read this blog, I need your honest opinion for a kitchen makeover for my sister-in-law. She has recently painted her kitchen and she wanted to display some items above her cabinets. Her first move was putting IVY around plates that have little sayings such as FAITH, GRACE, etc... I told her that (in my opinion) IVY is DATED. And her kitchen is painted almost the same color as the picture below.





These pictures SCREAM early 1990's and my grandmother's house. Now I'm not trying to be insensitive, I just want to show her that there are other things out there. So not only do I need your opinion, but I need suggestions for her

PLEASE HELP!!!

***No offense to those of you who may have ivy on your cabinets!!***

7 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Oh, you did have to ask. Ivy on the top of kitchen cabinets is one of my all time least favorite decorating moves...I would surely bet I (we) are not alone.

And thanks for your previous post, yes you are one great marketing director! Janell

Natalie Meester said...

Yes no ivy please on top of cabinets!

Clean and simple is the way. How about some neat metal ironwork in black instead of the pictures. Clean lines and simple in the ironwork.

Have her add some black things to the room...every room needs a touch of black to help ground the room.

Glitter said...

It doesn't look that bad people! However, it's definitely dated. She should have chosen a kitchen color that really pops or a nice gray i think instead of playing it safe. Also removing the plants from atop the cabinets gives the home a less cluttered look. Ultimately it's whatever style she is most comfortable with which looks like a french country type decor.

Yansy said...

Ivy on top of cabinets is definitely a dated look. I would paint the walls a creamy color, perhaps paint the upper cabinets white and stain the lower cabinets in ebony. Accessories will make all the difference and it won't include IVY. Her kitchen does have a great layout and lots of natural light.

Thanks for stopping by, and for your sweet comment.

40 Means Free said...

Yes, I can see how many of you think it's dated. But somethings never completely go out. And greeny is one of those things. So I may be alone is saying. It's ok! But don't over do it. I still think it's ok if your doing something Tuscan with Oil and Vinegar or Wines! But if your cabinets are in need of some extra TLC or simply needs someone to set the cabinets on fire with some lighter fluid and gas! DO NOT bring attention to the cabinets by using Ivy!

Unknown said...

aaa replica bags replica designer bags high quality replica handbags

soughez said...

index m8z20t4u88 designer replica luggage replica bags online uae replica kipling bags gucci fake n6w83x6z57 replica bags karachi replica bags online shopping india check my blog h6l09q9t36 replica bags gucci