8.19.2009

A SIMPLE PLAY ROOM ON A SIMPLE BUDGET

After realizing that cleaning my house EVERY SINGLE DAY was not working for me, I was given the idea (from my SIL) to start a play room for my boys. I knew I didn't have a big budget so I worked with what I already had and a few goodwill finds.



The rug was a find by my mother. It was at the Goodwill for $7.80. After a professional cleaning, my boys love it and the colors work well with the wall color (SW Dynamic Blue 6958). The paint was around $32 for the matte finish. I try to catch my Sherwin Williams paint on sale when they have the 25-30% off sales!


The two chairs was part of a 3pc table set purchased on Walmart.com four years ago for my 4 year old for his "Big Boy Room" it was $30. Yes the table is missing because my 3 year old has anger management problems!! The Ottoman was on clearance last year at Target for $9.98 (part of their college line).


These Melissa and Doug wooden puzzles and box were a great find at a yard sale for $3 for the set of nine. You can find them at Home Goods if you like them!


The shelf and the imitation UGLY dolls were found at Target last year. The shelf was on clearance for $3.98 and the dolls were in the dollar spot for $1 each.


This is the Itso storage that's found at Target. The white cubes were on sale for $9.99 for a total of $60. The red bins (L)-$4.98 each on clearance and (s)-$3.98 each on clearance for a total of $27.



This little thing (well it's really big!), was at the same yard sale as the puzzles and it was only $2. My boys LOVE IT!



The T.V was a yard sale find for $10 and the VCR was free because my mom was tossing it out! I found the night stand at a thrift store for .80! Yes 80 cents! and it's by Basset furniture. It's really not suppose to be in this room but I needed something to hold the TV and the boys VHS



These movies were found at various Goodwill's for about $2.00 each ( I have 20 so far)


So let's see that brings my total to.....about$227.60 (give or take!)

I'm sharing this with the Nester over at her PRICE MY SPACE PARTY! Make sure you go over and check out the spaces.

10 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Hi! I remember when you posted this room showing the paint color...it turned out so cute and bright, your boys must love it! I like how you store the videos in the dresser and what great shopping! Love the ugly dolls. It shows you don't have to spend a fortune to have a delightful and useful space...Enjoy! Janell

These Are The Days said...

I love the bright colors. My kids have begged me to paint our playroom for years now...I'm getting to it. :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I love the colors in your room. Very inviting for little ones. Great storage too. :) Visiting from The Nester's party. :)

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

I love the wall color--and I'm so impressed that your room was so clean for the picture today. Great job finding yard sale bargains--isn't it fun?

Found you thru Price My Space--thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

I love it all!! Movies in the drawer: brilliant!
And the white cubes with red totes are great!! Wish I could find some on clearance... !

SIL said...

I too think it's the coolest and neatest things to have colorful playroom, just remember to faciliate structure play and it will be a back babysitter. Also maybe you could add some music. CHOW!

###### said...

looks great to me..and the best part is they LOVE it..its their space and they are boys! what a great mom!

and thanks again for the sweet comment you left on my blog about my award...it really touched me...i just want to make sure i provide enough is all, and sometimes i cant get to everyones blog, and i try...

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I'm a huge fan of Itso storage and use it in my toyroom too! Looks great.

yanmaneee said...

supreme clothing
goyard
supreme clothing
yeezys
yeezy boost 700
calvin klein outlet
balenciaga shoes
yeezy boost 350
jordan shoes
curry 7 shoes

smatha said...

t2z04v9m25 j5r28s3e71 y6k46y9u60 y4p63d5p57 z3i17q1z07 z0f16u4i17