12.21.2009

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME...


Well guys...I didn't get the lamps. By the time I made it to Home Goods they were sold. But, I did find two of these

(pay no attention to my unmade bed and that dent in the wall!)

Of course they don't look as nice as the two Dayka found, but I do like the color. I'm not completely sold on these, but my motto for T.J Maxx or Home Goods and Marshall's is: "If you're not sure about it, buy it think about it and take it back later". Because most likely it WILL NOT be there when you go home home, dream about, wish that you had grabbed them, and then run back to get it!

Next up: My failures at picking a good paint color...

6 comments:

Rachael said...

I have the same issue when I go to Homegoods. They really need layaway!!! The cashier told me to buy things when I see them, and if I change my mind bring them back rather than pass them up!!!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Yes, perfect advice for shopping at HomeGoods!

I do believe I used these exact lamps for a client's bedroom recently...in bisque. We purchased taller harps to raise the lampshades, allowing more of the base to show. It made ALL the difference, at first the husband didn't like them and after this fix the lamps were a go. With most of the base showing the shape was stronger. From your photo it appears you may have this same issue...

Have a great one! Janell

Unknown said...

I actaully like the new lamps you found a little better...they look more streamlined and size looks like it will fit your room better

Miss Mustard Seed said...

The color is so pretty. The shape of the other ones were great, but you really achieve the same look. If you're not sold, take them back and wait. When you find the right lamps, you'll know and be glad you waited. I can't tell you how many times I've settled for something I wasn't sure about just to have something there and then I end up spending more money to buy what I wanted originally. (Does that sentence make any sense?!) Just go with your gut!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

UPDATE

I did find those lamps yesterday. iguess someone returned them. The color was'nt what I thought it would be so I passed on them!

They are beautiful!

40 Means Free said...

Great! I was really hoping you'd find those lamps. Sorry it wasn't a marriage made in heaven.