12.11.2009

FINDING FURNITURE WITHIN YOUR BUDGET

Yesterday I laid out my plans for my master bedroom. I wanted to show you my color scheme for the room, but I'm still on the fence about that one!! However, I know exactly what I want as far as storage (dresser). I needed something that has plenty drawers and something that had a vintage flair to it. With that in mind, I enlisted one of my close friends Craig to help me in my search. I set a budget of $100 for a dresser.



What I wanted out of the dresser was for it to be

1. a quality piece

2. a vintage piece

3. the size needed to fit in the the space

4. at least 6-9 drawers



If you remember my inspiration photos, then you probably remember Michelle's yellow dresser


Like I said before, I plan to pull out elements from each of my inspiration bedrooms (Rate my Space style)to add to my own. So while checking out craigslist I found this:


Perfect!


I love the lines and the detail of the dresser, but like Michelle's dresser it will be painted (I do like how it look now). I know that I said $100 was my budget for a dresser and this one was $75, but I really should have offered them $60 for it. I'm not a good haggler so next time I'll make sure I have someone with me that is (alright Dayka?!).


Here are a few more pictures of the piece



(please ignore my pink cell phone!)





BTW, Check out Dayka's first mood board that she put together for my bedroom. Great job Dayka!

I'm linking this up to Miss Mustard Seed's



Furniture Feature Fridays

10 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

I love Craig!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

The legs of the dresser are similar to the slipper chair legs! Hey, I used to have a pink cell phone, before it went through the wash that is!!
Great find, what color are you going to paint it?!
Janell

40 Means Free said...

Great Deal! That's a steal. But I do think you should paint it! I love your inspiration photo. It's a graceful piece of furniture!

Unknown said...

Great dresser!! I can't wait to see what color you plan on painting it, I also like the handles...they would look good black

Tara said...

Good find. I keeping hoping I will find one for our bedroom. I agree the lines on the dresser are great. Tons of drawer space too. U scored good girl!

###### said...

nice piece..good luck with it.

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

That is a nice piece. (much nicer than new, cheaper-made furniture). I have a similar dresser that my sister used in college 20 years ago that has been my dresser for 10 years. I painted it shiny black (black laquer look) and had a piece of glass cut for the top so that it wouldn't get scratched from all my JUNK I lay on top. I hung a big mirror over it (the dresser comes to my hips).

I know you are in the ATl area - I really like looking through A Classy Flea in Marietta (behind the big chicken-under the interstate). If I ever get a vacation home, I will go there to buy solid pieces of used furniture. (which means I am just dreaming -but that store has some great things).

Symone's Mommy said...

Jackpot! That is a great find. Love the legs. What color?

House of Brooke said...

Looks like you hit the "LOTTO" again! Okay will you paint it blue? IT is nice Really nice. I also lurve Michelle's yellow Sleek and Clean...
BTW Craig and I broke up a while back. I went to get a piece from a couple that was moving and they were not home. I left and they promised they would return in a few hours. After speaking with them I showed up only to find out that some1 else was getting MY piece and learned from the son that they paid $5 bucks more for it! WTH! Anywhoo.....

Miss Mustard Seed said...

That dresser has terrific lines, you did very well. I can't wait to see what you do with it. Also, I saw Dayka's mood board and I agree with you. Nice!