12.03.2009

GOING VERTICAL

The other day when I was having a "Mantel Breakdown", you guys really came to my rescue



**Isabella & Max Rooms said...
It is a great start. What is needs is something vertical, a mirror or something festive propped up on the mantel. And then maybe a bit of interest on each stocking. You could cut the names out of felt, or snowflakes or an ornamament design, something to give them a bit more interest.

If I were you I wouldn't start over, that is for certain!! Janell



**Symone's Mommy said...
I like where you're going. Now something simple with the wall. A simple wreath maybe.


**Dayka said...
I have started mine, and hope to finish tomorrow. I like yours, don't change it. I agree with Janell, I think it's just missing something above the mantel, and you'll be good to go!


**alittlefrenchloven said...
Your on the right track, I think it needs more height? I finished mine... so glad I did... have fun, can't wait to see it finished.


**Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...
Looks great, I agree with something going vertical though. Candlesticks, mirror, picture...

Ya know I just noticed we have the same marble for our fireplaces.

Cece


I even got this comment from...well you know who!


Mother of Vein of Galen Survivor said...
OK! I'm here the voice of reason. I like it, but it looks like something I could actually do, therefore! STOP THE PRESS! I'm an amateur and your a professional, your my INSPIRER! You are the ENCOURAGER! Have you been to RITE AID! Take 2 bufferin, a glass of white or red wine, a steaming hot bath,and "make-out" with some Holiday Decor magazine! And get your SWAGGER back! NOW!

P.S. Packet all that up, so I can come get it and use in my house!



Okay so I got to thinking. I found an old mirror that my mom gave me a while back and I propped it up there


And NO....It's not working for me

So I started thinking more and I came up with a DIY project that included these items



Which lead to this




I think my main problem is the wall color. In every picture it looks peach. I'll have to change that soon. I'll show you the steps to make this project on my next post. What do you think? Is that not the vertical you were talking about?!

Oh and I finally have the boys Christmas tree up and decorated (well they decorated it). I changed my mind with the traditional theme and wen with this



The boys had so much fun decorating this tree! The downside is, I may have to put an alarm on it so the "ornaments" don't dissappear!!!

10 comments:

Symone's Mommy said...

Hey, glad you are feeling better. Thanks for the nice comment. I am still struggling. Whatever I don't do by this weekend is getting packed up for next year. LOVE the starburst take on those mirrors. I hope GetitGirl and Annette see this post. You are SO creative. Watch out Nester and Censational Girl!

Annette said...

I love the starburst mirrors. That really fills up that blank wall. To make the mirrors stand out even more from the wall, I propose that you spray paint them a bright color such as silver.

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Just perfect, like snowflakes. Love it!!! You are going places my friend. :-)

Could those two boys look any happier? Love the smiles.

Cece

Unknown said...

Looking good, I might paint the starburst part of the mirror silver so it pops even more from yor walls. I love the mirror your mom gave you, the curzy lines on it are nice...

Make sure you use it somewhere in your house

House of Brooke said...

I luv the mirror idea! It looks good. It fills the void thats for sure. Glad it worked out. The kiddos look happy!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Everything's looking good!

40 Means Free said...

WOW! It's 8:52pm my time and Janell.. I've given you a headstart, I had to work late! I absolutely adore the Mirrors and I agree with you...it's the paint. But I love the paint, it's just the different lighting in your house various so. But I love the mirror, but it's not working for me either and you've trained me well. But I love the stocking with the snowflake "cute"! And the tree is a good idea in theory, but my little "Nikki Poo" will be enjoying the tree wayyyyyyy more than the rest of the family. He's mine Dale Earnhardt! Take 3? It's certainly not the Z Galleria, Ethan Allen sister in law, I'll grown to know and love. And the candles are ok, but need to be bigger. I'm thinking you need more colors and get away from your usual Red, White, and Green. Oh Well! Maybe after shopping this weekend at some estate sales, you'll find your visions. And bring the ornanments back! Or try some of the BIG ones! CHOW!

adventures of a 1st time mom said...

I think you are getting the picture....look good honey i knew it was in you somewhere lol...keep up the great work you have been doin over the years...can't wait to see it completly finish hun...


Look at my big boys happy as they want to me...tell them auntie love their tree....its so like there personality...(toys) and more(toys)
Hold up where is Brendan....

GREAT JOB EVERYBODY.....

Yansy said...

Love what you've done with the place! Sorry I've been mia but now I'm back.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

How did I miss this post?!? I've been way too busy lately...your sister is hysterical. Her comment was the best ever, the one in the post. Did she come over and pick it all up?!
Janell